There are two ways to create a 1729 task:
- Create and fund a task yourself.
- Create a task proposal that someone else funds. That funder may be 1729 itself, or it may be a task sponsor who likes your work.
Either way, all you need is Ghost, Google Forms, and Figma to write a task.
Here's all you need to create a perfect task:
- Get set up with Ghost. You can set up your own Ghost as a hosted version at ghost.org or a self-hosted version via something like cloudron.io.
- Write a Ghost post introducing the task just like these. Keep these relatively short, under ~1000 words.
- Use Google Forms to generate a task form, just like these. Feel free to model your copy on ours. Embed the Google Form at the end of your Ghost post using these instructions.
- Use Figma to generate a cover image in our style, just like these. You can use libraries like IconFinder, Bootstrap, or Font Awesome to help illustrate abstract concepts with SVG images.
Once you've created a task, submit the form below. We will send you an invoice with a crypto address to deposit funds for the task prizes. We prefer BTC, ETH, or USDC, but can also fund a task using any of the coins listed on Coinbase.
In addition to the logistics of creating a task, let us share some guidance on the types of content that fits our audience. You should have a sense of the aesthetic and content so far from the examples we've already published. But here are a few more ideas:
- Write a review of Ben Horowitz's book, the Hard Thing about Hard Things. Best five reviews receive $200.
- Add Ethereum subscriptions to Ghost by creating an open-source Ghost theme which adds this functionality. The best theme receives $5000, plus $1000/month for one year of maintenance.
- Create a video reviewing the state of the art on nootropics. Best video receives $1000, first five runners-up receive $200.
- Generate a Solidity exercise for Exercism in their open-source format. Accepted exercises earn $100 in BTC.
These are just ideas. Feel free to modify them to suit your needs or those of your business.
We recommend a simple task prize structure, such as $1000 per task with ten $100 winners per task. The more complex the structure, the harder the task tends to be to score. That said, if you need alternative structures (such as a $1000 grand prize and runners up) we may be able to accommodate that.
Once you have created a task, please submit the following:
- A link to your Ghost post
- A link to your Figma image, shared with email@example.com
- A link to your Google Form, also shared with firstname.lastname@example.org
- An indication of whether you are funding the task, and if so, how much and in what cryptocurrency you want to fund it in
Please use the form below.